Creating a safe work environment is critical to the success of your business, and is one of the best ways to retain staff and maximise productivity. Though it may cost to implement safe practices and install safety equipment, the effect of not taking action can be severe.
As a business owner you have responsibilities regarding health and safety in your workplace. You need to ensure that your business doesn’t create health and safety problems for your employees, customers or the public.
Knowing and understanding the occupational health and safety (OH&S) laws and new work health and safety (WHS) laws will help you avoid unnecessary costs and damage to your business caused by workplace injury and illness. It will also provide your business with a strong foundation to achieve long-term success.
To find out what you need to do to create a safe working environment, choose from the following topics:
- Occupational health & safety | Getting started with OH&S
- Occupational health & safety | Your OH&S obligations
- Occupational health & safety | OH&S in your industry
- Occupational health & safety | OH&S/WHS Acts, Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Occupational health & safety | Accidents and injuries
- Occupational health & safety | Workers’ compensation requirements